Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Head's Up Model 19's for sale $500 great shape

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    HB Super Moderator
    Head's Up  Model 19's for sale 0  great shape


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Head's Up Model 19's for sale $500 great shape

    I saw these on Craigslist I thought if anyone was close to these they could snatch these up for $500 can't go wrong the 416's are worth that. Regards ~ AB

    No affiliation or otherwise http://raleigh.craigslist.org/ele/1428754550.html just thought this was an Incredible deal for one of our members

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member analog addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2007
    Posts
    521
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Head's Up Model 19's for sale $500 great shape

    Those are long gone I'm afraid. Guess the seller hasn't taken down his ad.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Analog Addict - Jack of all Trades, Master of None
    Searching for Sonic Nirvana...

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Russnohio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2007
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Head's Up Model 19's for sale $500 great shape

    The seller did'nt even post a picture of the exact speakers he was listing....meaning HIS! It would seem he pulled the pic from here.....

    (Scroll down towards bottom)

    Gallery: Altec

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member analog addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2007
    Posts
    521
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Head's Up Model 19's for sale $500 great shape

    Heh...I was wondering about that. I thought that was too good to be true, and that it might have been an e-mail phishing scheme....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Analog Addict - Jack of all Trades, Master of None
    Searching for Sonic Nirvana...

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Head's Up Model 19's for sale $500 great shape

    I had a local guy here use my old jbl 4311 pics repeatedly.... He didn't even say thanks when I emailed him...lol


    -chris

  6. #6
    HB Super Moderator
    Head's Up  Model 19's for sale 0  great shape


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Head's Up Model 19's for sale $500 great shape

    Quote Originally Posted by Russnohio View Post
    The seller did'nt even post a picture of the exact speakers he was listing....meaning HIS! It would seem he pulled the pic from here.....

    (Scroll down towards bottom)

    Gallery: Altec
    Nice catch Russ I didn't even see that

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Russnohio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2007
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Head's Up Model 19's for sale $500 great shape

    Yeah, one must beware!

    I've noticed more than a few internet sellers over the years putting up "glamour-pics" of gear other than that which they actually own. I suspect most of them don't really mean to be dis-honest....maybe they have no way of taking a picture, but they should at LEAST mention when & why they are presenting someone else's "glamour-shot". It is VERY mis-leading.

    So, one has to wonder what those $500 19's actually looked like.

    Russ

  8. #8
    HB Super Moderator
    Head's Up  Model 19's for sale 0  great shape


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Head's Up Model 19's for sale $500 great shape

    Quote Originally Posted by Russnohio View Post
    Yeah, one must beware!

    I've noticed more than a few internet sellers over the years putting up "glamour-pics" of gear other than that which they actually own. I suspect most of them don't really mean to be dis-honest....maybe they have no way of taking a picture, but they should at LEAST mention when & why they are presenting someone else's "glamour-shot". It is VERY mis-leading.

    So, one has to wonder what those $500 19's actually looked like.

    Russ
    Thanks Russ for the heads up on the use of the Gallery Photo so this listing is definately alittle suspect but Analog Addict said this listing is already gone if it has sold already then I think they must have been in good shape.But who Knows

  9. #9
    Inactive Member HeyDaveyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2009
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Head's Up Model 19's for sale $500 great shape

    I just posted a set of these same speakers in excellent condition except for a few minor things.

    Foam around horns has decomposed so I removed.

    Pieces of wood inside of woofer cover has been damaged.

    $1,200 canadian

    canuckaudiomart.com/details/152253-altec_lansing_model_nineteen/

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Leland's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2009
    Posts
    110
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Head's Up Model 19's for sale $500 great shape

    Those Model 19s in Pa, listed on Ebay....that were in rough shape didn't sell.

    If you want the listers ebay handle....will provide.....it is : joedoen

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.